With all the features you expect from MSR, the freestanding Elixir 3 tent offers backpackers an extremely livable backpacking tent at a great value. The tent design provides plenty of headroom and space for three full-size adults and their mats, two large doors for easy entry, and two large vestibules for storing gear. Balancing breathable mesh fabric with solid canopy fabric, the 3-season Elixir 3 tent provides ventilation, warmth and privacy, while the included footprint offers multiple setup options, including a freestanding Fast & Light pitch with rainfly.
Livable: Unique pole geometry optimizes headroom and fits two mats; adaptable rainfly allows for excellent views.
Fast & Light Setup: Includes an MSR Elixir Footprint that allows for a lightweight Fast & Light setup with rainfly.
Easy Setup: Freestanding system features color-coded poles, clips and webbing for fast and easy setup.
Privacy: Mesh and solid fabric panels offer ventilation, warmth and privacy.
- Color Green
- Capacity 3
- Minimum Weight 5 lbs 10 oz / 2.53 kg
- Packed Weight 6 lbs 13 oz / 3.1 kg
- Also Included 4 guy cords, 4 aluminum cord adjustersg
- Fast & Light® Minimum Weight w/ footprint 4 lbs 4 oz / 1.92 k
- Vestibule Volume 18 (9 + 9) cu. ft / 510 (255 + 255) liters
- Floor Area 39.5 sq. ft / 3.67 sq. m
- Tent Volume 63 cu. ft / 1784 liters
- Vestibule Area 17.5 (8.75 + 8.75) sq. ft / 1.63 (.82 + .82) sq. m
- Frame Weight 1 lbs 10 oz / 730 g
- Interior Peak Height 41 in / 104 cm
- Packed Size 20 x 8 in / 51 x 20 cm
- Number of Doors 2
- Freestanding yes
- Number of Poles 1 Aluminum 7000 Series
- Number of Stakes 6 Aluminum
- Rainfly Fabric 68D ripstop polyester 1,500mm polyurethane and silicone
- Canopy Fabric 40D ripstop nylon DWR
- Mesh Type 20D nylon micro-mesh
- Floor Fabric 70D taffeta nylon 3000mm polyurethane & DWR
Elixir Series Overview
Elixir Series Setup
Understanding tent condensation